Hi! My name is Alan. I am a Scottish Video Creator, Producer and Camera Operator based in Edinburgh. I've been making videos since I was gifted a Hi8 digital camera from a member of the Edinburgh Cine and Video Society which I've been a member of since 2006. I began recording, editing and uploading my videos to Youtube on a regular basis which I can continue to enjoy today.
I enjoy working on a mix of projects, whether it's producing a promotional video to brief on a budget for local organisations or filming my pets performing tricks, I love making videos.
I first started thinking about a professional career in Film and Television back when I was a pupil at Portobello High School where I was involved with the school magazine and took media studies to higher level which gave me a taste of the various areas of the industry.
I then was accepted into the Film and Television Production course for two years at Jewel and Esk Valley College now known as Edinburgh College where I spent an intensive two years producing content and getting to grips with my craft, particularly in camera operating, sound recording and production management.
I also learned a great deal about script writing, location management, copyright law, lighting and post production sound.
After completing the course, I was accepted onto the BA (Hons) Television Production degree course at Edinburgh Napier University where I spent two years gaining the skills required to enter the industry as a TV researcher or Camera Trainee. I learned about
pitching, writing proposals and producing pilots for television slots.
I graduated with first class honours in summer, 2012 and began working self employed for several years producng mostly corporate promotional work for organisations across Scotland in places as far and wide as London and Elgin. I spent a great deal of time planning future projects which I plan to carry out which will
eventually allow me to work full-time as an independent video creator. That's the plan!
Work started to dry up as a result of too short a time period between graduating and working self employed to put in place enough marketing and promotion for myself so I chose to look for full time work to complement my planning behind the scenes.
I worked for one full year with an accountancy called TaxAssist where I worked as an Administrator acting as the first point of contact for clients dropping in to our office. I learned alot about tax and could often be found working on a tax return or assisting with our clients payroll.
I went on search for a new challenge at the end of 2014 where I was offered the position of Communications Assistant at one of Scotland's leading Housing Associations, Hanover.
I'm currently working there at the moment which I am enjoying carrying out a vast array of jobs for their IT department in the morning and manage their conference centre in the afternoons for external organisations who are looking for meeting rooms to use.
alan@blueorcadigital.biz
My Magazine - http://www.blueorcadigital.com/
VOD Player - http://www.blueorcadigitalplayer.com/
E-Commerce Store - http://www.blueorcadigital.biz/
Alan Taylor - Video Showreel - Channel Trailer - Blue Orca Digital TV - Scotland Videographer | |
| 0 Likes | 0 Dislikes |
| 785 views views | followers |
| People & Blogs | Upload TimePublished on 7 Jul 2016 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét